Bedsore Lawsuits against Nursing Homes
- December 8, 2016
- No comments
Bedsores form when parts of the body remain pressed against the bed or wheel chair for a long period of time. They are often the side effects of neglect and abuse in nursing homes. Bedsores can lead to more serious infections and sometimes even death. Every nursing home resident in the United States has the right to receive safe medical care. If your loved one has bedsores and is in a nursing home, you may be able to bring a bedsore lawsuit against the facility.
When to hire a lawyer?
A bedsore a sign of negligence by the nursing home. Seek legal counsel when you first notice a bedsore on your loved one. A bedsore lawsuit is time-sensitive. The statute of limitations for filing a bedsore lawsuit varies from state to state. File the lawsuit within the given time period.
Filing a successful bedsore lawsuit:
To ensure a strong case, there are some actions that should be taken:
- Take pictures of the bedsore as soon as you notice it, and continue to take pictures daily. Note the location, date and time.
- Measure the bedsore daily and keep a record of it.
- Write down all your communications with the medical staff, including your inquiries about the sore and their responses.
- Contact a nursing home abuse attorney immediately.
Common excuses in a bedsore lawsuit
The nursing home may counter a claim of negligence with the following:
- The bedsore developed despite standard protocol being followed at all levels.
- The patient arrived at the facility with the bedsore.
- The patient refused to comply with certain modes of behavior that would prevent the development of the bedsore.
Contact our nursing home abuse lawyers today
If you are seeking a nursing home abuse attorney due to concerns about the care of a loved one who is residing in a nursing home we will evaluate the situation and advise you. Call us at 845-709-8005 / 800-940-1799 or email us at email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org