Facts about Slip and Fall Accidents
- October 27, 2016
- No comments
Slip and fall injuries account for numerous hospital visits every year. These accidents occur due to the negligence of property owners or employers to keep the area safe. Slip and fall accidents can occur in various settings and on different surfaces. It is important to know the significant legal and health-related consequences that can result for a slip and fall accident. Here are some facts about slips and fall accidents.
Slip and Fall Statistics
According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- At least 300,000 older people are hospitalized for hip fractures each year.
- 1 out of every 5 slip and fall accidents results in a serious injury.
- Over 800,000 patients are hospitalized every year because of a slip and fall injury.
- Falls are the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries (TBI).
- Medical costs for fall injuries amount to $31 billion annually.
Injuries Caused Due to a Slip and Fall Accident
A slip and fall accident could result in the following injuries.
- Broken bones in the arm, wrist, or ankle and hip fractures.
- Head injuries.
- Injuries to the brain or spinal cord.
Call Rockland Injury Lawyers to help you
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, accident attorneys at Rockland Injury Lawyers can help you. Our attorneys will work hard to claim maximum compensation for your injuries. We are located in Spring Valley, NY and serve all of Rockland County. Call us at 845-709-8005, 800-940-1799 or send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org