How Do I Take Effective Car Accident Scene Photographs?
To take effective car accident scene photographs, make sure you follow these tips:
- Take pictures of the overall view of the accident scene.
- Take multiple pictures of the scene from different angles and distances.
- Take pictures of all the vehicles involved in the accident. Make sure you get photos of any broken glass, windows, scratches and any other damaged parts of the vehicles.
- Take photos of any traffic lights, stop signs, yield signs and any other traffic indicators that are near the accident scene.
- Take photos of the weather condition, such as clouds, rain or snow.
- Take photos of any damaged street signs, trees, guardrails or any other stationary objects damaged by the accident.
- Take photos of the license plates of all the vehicles involved in the accident.
- Take photos of any roadside debris, skid marks or any other signs of the crash in the surrounding area.
- Take photos of the other driver, any passengers, witnesses, police officers or EMS personnel present at the accident scene. This will help avoid any confusion in identifying the people involved in the accident and its aftermath.
- Take photos of any visible bodily injuries that you have sustained.