What damages are recoverable in a nursing home abuse case?
The following are the damages recoverable under nursing home abuse cases:
- Medical cost damages for over-the-counter and prescription medications, doctor’s office visit bills, hospitalization bills and surgery, etc.
- Pain and suffering damages for psychological or emotional distress such as fear, anxiety, or depression
- Disability and disfigurement damages for permanent scars due to bedsores
- Loss of normal life damages for loss of enjoyment of life, such as an inability to enjoy hobbies or to perform normal daily functions.
Nursing Home Abuse
- What are the different forms of abuse that takes place in a nursing home?
- When is a nursing home legally responsible for injuries to a resident?
- Are there exceptions in the nursing home abuse statute of limitations?
- What are the common legal claims you can make in a nursing home abuse lawsuit?
- What damages are recoverable in a nursing home abuse case?
- What are some risk factors for nursing home abuse?