Important Steps in a Car Accident Insurance Claim
- July 22, 2015
- No comments
A recent study shows that car accidents result in thousands of deaths each year. In fact, they are the leading cause of death in people between the ages of 6 and 27. Victims suffer physical pain, emotional distress, loss of income and property damage. All of these constitute financial compensation, which one can recover from the party at fault, or from their insurer.
Steps Involved in a Car Accident Insurance claim
- Save a copy of the police report.
- Learn about the protection your insurance policy provides.
- Present a copy of the medical records to the insurance company.
- Make a claim for physical injuries under medical pay coverage.
- If the other party is at fault, then make a claim under the uninsured car coverage.
- Secure at least two car repair estimates if your car is totalled.
- Present the estimates along with photos of the damaged car.
- Present bills for storage and towing.
- Ask your agent to arrange a temporary vehicle if you have rental reimbursement coverage.
- Notify your agent of any damages discovered during the repair.
- After filing your claims against the party at fault, you can also file a claim against your insurer.
Car accident insurance claims require good legal representation. Consider bringing in the counsel of an attorney who specializes in car accident claims.
Car Accident Attorney Rockland County, New York
If you are seeking an experienced car accident attorney in Rockland County, then Rockland Injury Lawyers can help. We have a team of very strong and skilful car accident attorneys in Spring Valley, NY. For more information call 845-709-8005 or 800-940-1799.