Personal Injury Lawsuit process
- July 17, 2015
- No comments
If you’re injured because of someone else’s negligence, obtaining the right legal representation is crucial. A personal injury lawyer knows personal injury litigation and can represent your case effectively.
Mentioned below is the personal injury lawsuit process:
- Contact an experienced personal injury lawyer to claim compensation for injuries suffered. This can be in the form of a telephone conversation. During this procedure the attorney will ask questions regarding the facts of the incident to see if you can claim compensation.
- All the facts regarding the incident which caused the injury are necessary for a successful claim process. You should know the date, time and location of the accident. If medical treatment was received, the information will be needed.
- The next step would be to sign on with the attorney.
- After signing an agreement, the attorney will obtain police reports and other reports regarding the accident.
- The attorney will then contact a representative of the party responsible for the injury. The party would be informed by the attorney about potential claims to be recovered from them with all the details and information about the claims.
- Filing a complaint court would be necessary if a pre-litigation settlement fails with the party at fault. The filing of a complaint initiates the litigation process .This must be done in a timely manner.
- A litigation process may be divided into two phases – pre-trial and trial. In pre-trial, the information about the claim is exchanged between the opposing parties in the form of written questions and answers.
- Deadlines are set by the court for the pre-trial process. A date for the trial is set by the court which is usually conducted by a judge. The parties are given the opportunity to produce evidence before the judge in the form of documents and testimony. Accordingly, the judge renders a decision.
Contact Personal Injury Lawyers from Rockland Injury
The Personal injury lawyers at Rockland Injury Lawyers have over 50 years of experience in dealing with accident cases. The lawyers are highly skilled professionals. They will get you the compensation you deserve as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
Call: 845-709-8005/ 800-940-1799 for a free consultation. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our service locations include Spring Valley and all of Rockland County.