With the increase in population and traffic in NY, the car accident rate has increased at an alarming speed. Deaths due to auto accidents have increased as well. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, nearly 33,000 people in the US die every year due to car accidents.
Based on New York state highway safety data from 2013, there has been 304,804 motor vehicle crashes in New York. These motor vehicle crashes include 1,188 fatalities and 169,177 injuries in total.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in NY
- Mechanical failure
- Drunk driving, distraction or fatigue
- Poor condition of roads
- Inexperienced drivers, especially teens
- Poor visibility due to bad weather
Common Insurance Policies for Car Accidents
The immediate step after a car accident is to cover the losses. You need to consider hiring a car accident attorney in Rockland, NY to claim compensation for your losses. Drivers turn to auto insurance policies. Some common insurance policies purchased in the US include:
- Insurance for bodily injuries suffered in an auto accident
- Insurance for property damage
- Personal injury protection/medical payments to cover medical costs of the policyholder or any other member of the policyholder’s family
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage to cover accidents by a driver without insurance or inadequate insurance to meet the expenses.
Your car accident attorney can handle all legal proceedings, and is helpful when negotiating insurance claims and settlements.
Car Accident Attorney in Spring Valley of Rockland County in NY
Are you seeking the service of an effective and experienced auto accident attorney in New York? Rockland Injury Lawyers can help. We have been handling car accident cases in Rockland and Spring Valley in NY for over 50 years. Call 845-709-8005 / 800-940-1799 for a free consultation with our NY car accident attorneys.