Tips for Taking Car Accident Scene Photographs
- August 28, 2018
- No comments
Experiencing a car accident is never easy. It can be an overwhelming and stressful situation. Preserving as much evidence as possible is crucial and photographs of the accident scene are effective evidence. Photographs of the accident scene and property damage are hard evidence that can eliminate any doubt and dispute raised by the other driver. Photographs can also help the claims adjuster or the court accurately determine the amount of damages. Taking excellent quality photos of the accident scene is very important. Here are some tips from the experienced car accident attorneys at Rockland Injury Lawyers on taking effective car accident scene photos:
- Take pictures of the overall view of the accident scene.
- Take multiple pictures of the scene from different angles and distances.
- Take pictures of all the vehicles involved in the accident. Make sure you get photos of any broken glass, windows, scratches and any other damaged parts of the vehicles.
- Take photos of any traffic lights, stop signs, yield signs and any traffic indicators near the accident scene.
- Take photos of the weather conditions such as clouds, rain or snow.
- Take photos of any damaged street signs, trees, guardrails or other stationary objects damaged by the accident.
- Take photographs of the license plates of all the vehicles involved in the accident.
- Take photos of any roadside debris, skid marks or other signs of the crash in the surrounding area.
- Take photos of the other driver, any passengers, witnesses and police officers present at the accident scene. This will help avoid any confusion in identifying the people involved in the accident.
- Take photos of any visible bodily injuries that you have sustained.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a car accident and are in need of an effective and experienced car accident lawyer, Rockland Injury Lawyers can help. Our car accident lawyers have been handling car accident cases for over 50 years. You can count on us to fight on your behalf to secure the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Call us at 845-709-8005 or 800-940-1799 or email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.