What to Bring to a Personal Injury Consultation with Your Attorney?
- July 3, 2018
- No comments
When you meet with a personal injury attorney for a consultation, it is important that you have the important documents related to your case with you. This will help your personal injury attorney evaluate your personal injury case.
Here is the list of documents to bring to the personal injury consultation with your attorney:
- Medical Records: The medical records will demonstrate that your injuries were the result of the accident, the types of procedures performed and the cost of your treatment and care. It will also include the contact information of the medical professionals who treated you.
- Receipts: If you are claiming expenses related to your injuries, you need to bring those receipts.
- All Correspondence Between You and the Other Party: If the person who injured you or their insurance company has sent you voicemails, emails, letters, texts or Facebook messages, bring copies and the recording to your consultation. This is especially important for any settlement offers.
- Police Report: Obtain a copy of the police report before you meet with your personal injury attorney. This is an important document that is required to prove the authenticity of the accident.
- Insurance Policy Information: By reviewing the policy information, your attorney can help you determine what is and isn’t covered by your insurance policy.
- Paystubs: This is applicable if your accident causes you to miss work or permanently diminishes your earning capacity.
- Legal Notice: If you were served with a complaint by another party or sent a cease-and-desist notice on a law firm’s letterhead, make sure you bring these documents to your personal injury attorney.
By being prepared, you can help your attorney make an accurate assessment of your case and make your meeting as productive as possible.
If you or someone you love has been injured due to someone else’s negligence, you need the help of Rockland Injury Lawyers. We are experienced in handling personal injury cases of all types. We have an experienced team of personal injury attorneys who are ready to take your case. We will fight for you until you get the compensation you deserve. Call our personal injury attorneys at 845-709-8005 or 800-940-1799 for a free consultation. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.