What to Consider when Choosing an Accident Attorney
- October 20, 2014
- No comments
If you are a victim of an accident, then you might have reason to claim compensation from an insurance company. Hiring an accident attorney is the quickest way to move your claim forward.
Considerations for hiring an efficient accident attorney
1. Experience: Hire an accident attorney experienced in cases like yours. Ask how many cases they have represented, and the results.
2. Specialization: Lawyers have different areas of expertise. It is important to hire an attorney skilled in handling cases such as yours.
3. Attorney list: Make a list of skilled accident attorneys suggested by your friends and family. Compare their experience and fees, and then choose who to contact.
4. Payment: Payment is often based on the awarded amount of your claim. Make sure you understand the payment structure before hiring the attorney. It might be possible to negotiate a lower rate with the attorney. Not all attorneys agree to this, but it is permissible to ask.
5. Signing the contract: Before signing a contract with the attorney, carefully read the terms and conditions.
Personal injury attorney in New York
Rockland Injury Lawyers has experience dealing with personal injury cases. The firm is located in Rockland County, New York, and works on a contingency fee basis. Call 845-709-8005 / 800-940-1799 for a consultation.