What to Do After a Slip and Fall Accident
- October 4, 2016
- No comments
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere to anyone. Slip and fall injuries can result in serious, long-lasting injuries. If you are injured due to the negligence of others, you may be entitled to compensation to recover medical bills and lost time at work. In order to claim the compensation that you deserve, it is important to preserve evidence and seek legal representation immediately. The steps you take following a slip and fall accident are crucial to building your case.
Get Medical Treatment Immediately
Sometimes a slip and fall accident causes serious injuries which may not show up right away. No matter how minor the symptoms maybe, get medical treatment as soon as possible. This willalso help to identify the slip and fall as the cause of your injuries. After obtaining medical treatment, it is extremely important that you follow through withall treatment the doctor recommends.
Preserve As Much Evidence As You Can
- Report the accident to the property owner or manager and the police. Get a copy of the accident report.
- Take photos or videos of the area where the accident happened.
- Keep the clothing and the shoes that you were wearing at the time of the accident.
- Keep all medical bills and receipts.
- Inspect the area to find the potential cause of the accident. Write down your version of the accident.
- Collect witness’ names, phone numbers and addresses.
Never Give Recorded Statement
Unless you have hired an attorney, never give recorded statements. They can be used against you to disprove your slip and fall case. Limit communication with the property owner or witnesses. Avoid discussing your case in detail.
Hire an Attorney
Hire a personal injury attorney to represent you and protect your rights.
Contact Rockland Injury Lawyers
Slip and fall accident attorneys at Rockland Injury Lawyers have been handling slip and fall accidents for over 50 years. Our team of personal injury attorneys has a successful track record of obtaining maximum compensation for people who were injured in slip and fall accidents.